The NaNoWriMo train has left for its destination! Make it yours! Join NanoWrimo today and get ready to create an accomplishment that you will forever cherish. It is time to collect those long-forgotten ideas and turn them into an intriguing novel!
You will be radiating happiness when you hold a crispy white hardback of that story you thought up a few years ago or that scene that plays in your head when you dream. Your very own novel!
Here are some tips to get you settled on the month-long journey!- Camp NaNoWriMo Tips!
And I have also compiled a list of additional tips that you might need this month to prepare to write.
Drumroll, please! Let’s crack those knuckles, stretch out that spine and begin!
1) First and foremost- Set a goal. While there is no rule that you have to do everything with a goal planned, it just makes it more easier and motivating to achieve. Also, set out a reward like maybe buying yourself that trendy coat you’ve always wanted. But not before you have completed at least the draft!
2) Plot out your story before you write. Be a planner! Draw a chart, venn diagram, web-anything that you prefer- to display the storyline and its flow. Once you have all your ideas down on paper, it will be easier to work them into chapters and scenes.
3) Use the workbooks and idea generators. There is a variety if inspiring things at the site. Just look around and sure to find something that inspires you. Try to do some character worksheets and novel summaries.
4) Take a break! Now, this might not seem important. But it is! Go for a walk or spend that long weekend mini-vacationing near the coast or outside under the stars. It will not only give you a break from thinking but it will also help in your story. You might some awesome new ideas!
5) Take creativity to a new level. Write about anything you please. Whether it is the story of how your neighbour adopted a stray kitten to that UFO sighting seen near your residence. Anything. You need to get your creative juices flowing before you write the actual thing.
Just remember to have fun! Take a deep breath. And let it go. You can do this! You can write that story you’ve always dreamed about. Or maybe it is your new hobby. Anything works. Just keep yourself motivated!!!