I just love doing tags! I initially planned on skipping this one (because there are so many that I’d like to do) but I couldn’t resist when I was tagged by Reema @ Swxftbooks and Emma @ She Reads Books. Their blogs are awesome so I suggest you check them out! (After reading this, of course 😀 )
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
My parents won’t let me read in the car. Something about straining my eyes, so I don’t do it. Although, the one time that I tried, I didn’t get sick 🙂
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you, and why?
I agree with Reema on this one. Tahereh Mafi’s writing is absolutely unique and amazing. Most authors use “filters” when writing and this sometimes detaches us from the character. Her writing is like a mineral ore, not totally pure, but still invaluable.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight saga? Give three points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, of course.
- No sparkling “people”, but rather cute owls 🙂
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I carry a backpack, not a book bag. In it, I don’t really have books (unless it’s necessary for English class) and I just have my lunch, water, paper, homework, a pencil case, some gum/mints, etc.
5. Do you smell your books?
Will it be weird if I say that’s what physical books are for?
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I have nothing against illustrations—I believe that they add to the book and make it more lively. But it all depends on the book and the reader—what would you rather have pictures in, a book with murder, or a book with a girl trying to pick a dress for prom? (Btw, I pick murder 🙂 )
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I think every book has some quality writing, but
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I didn’t read in my childhood, so no. But there might have been some funny incidents, sadly none of which I can remember at the moment! And I pride myself on being funny lol #disgrace #sorrynotsorry
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
A Midsummer Night’s Dream (the play) by Shakespeare.. I had to get it for English class 🙂
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I don’t own may books at the moment (only about 20) so it’s The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I can’t say that I write well, but I write some short stories now and then. I do get full marks on my essays for English though, so if that counts, then yes. But stories? Eh, not so much 🙂
12. When did you get into reading?
I’d love to be able to say I read Game of Thrones when I was only 8 or something, but to be honest, I actually started reading when I was around 12.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
I don’t think I’ve read enough classics to identify a favourite.
14. In school what was your best subject, Language Arts/English?
Last year, English. This year it’s French. #proudcanadian
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I never actually get books as presents simply because my parents choose to give me clothes or room decor (weird, I know!) but if I did get a book that I hated, I would just donate it to the library, in hopes that at least someone else would like it!
16. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I get really distracted and start watching Youtube or Netflix, so most of the time, I don’t get my posts finished the same day. And then I forget what I wanted to write about, and they just sit in the drafts section, waiting to be completed.
17. What is your favourite word?
I don’t really have one, but here’s a popular choice that I like— supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Can I say none of the above? If I have to, then probably nerd. Don’t you dare call me a dork or a dweeb. I’m not boring nor socially-inept. Lol, this was a cruel question 😀
19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I used to watch Winx Club when I was younger and it was great 🙂
20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
I like Lend from Paranormally, who is a shape-shifter, but angels are just amazing. SPOILER FOR THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS>>>> Jace Herondale, who is only half, is full of so much sass and it’s hard to resist.<<<
21. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, because I’m kind of addicted to Teen Wolf.
22. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
In books I prefer vampires, but I like zombies otherwise 🙂 Vampires are too exaggerated and overused.
23. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I actually don’t like any of these, but The Infernal Devices love triangle, though. *sighs in happiness*
24. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I’ve never liked full-on romance, so action-packed it is. I could never survive a whole book only based on romance with no other plot! *shudders*
Hmm, now for the nominees… Who do we have here?
- Liam @ Liam’s Library — lol I told you I was going to tag you back 😉
- Victoria @ Addlepates and Book Nerds
- Beatrice @ Beatrice Learns to Read
- Alejandra @ Bookish Unicorn
I think YOU should do this tag too. I had a lot of fun answering these questions and I think you would too 🙂