I have no excuses for my absence this time. I could say high school stress, homework and not being able to read enough, but let’s face it—it’s actually procrastination that gets the best of me each time.
I’ve been putting off blogging and reading (the things I love to do) but it’s time to get back on track. I’m going to finish Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas after this post. Let’s do this.
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the blogger’s questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and set some questions
11 Facts About Moi
- I am extremely competitive. It is mostly competition against myself and trying to beat my own expectations and striving for the best, but I have been known to get a little carried off in sports and tend to focus more on the winning aspect.
- I am learning German online at the moment and loving it. Although the der, die, das and den can be rather confusing.
- My favourite colour is blue like the colour of the sky on a summer morning.
- I am a Gemini.
- I am pretty short in height—about 5’3.
- My favourite movie ever is Jurassic Park and I’ve watched it about ten times.
- I love horror movies but can never find any that I love.
- I’m a bit of a nerd in that I like studying (not homework though, just learning new things) and get good grades, but I don’t really study for it.
- My dream university is McGill, one of the best medical schools in the world.
- I love all the seasons and can’t choose one. Spring is not my favourite but I love summer and fall a lot!
- I find it hard to say “no” to people but I’m trying to change that this year.
1. Who is your number one fictional boyfriend and why?
How can my poor heart choose? There are so many sweet and lovable characters out there, but Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices will eternally be my soulmate. Also, in the past few days, I’ve grown to love Dorian from the Throne of Glass series.
2. What is your favorite opening line from a book?
Hmm, it’s been so long since I’ve read a particularly great opening line.
“The demon exploded in a shower of ichor and guts.”
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.
Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she’d been told that she would kill her true love.
Ooh now isn’t that interesting! I’ve only read The Raven Boys but I really hope Gansey is not killed.
3. If your life could have a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?
Ride by Twenty One Pilots, Drag Me Down by One Direction, Kid In Love by Shawn Mendes, Infinity by One Direction.
I really need to listen to more songs out of the same genres.
4. What are some of your other hobbies besides reading?
Listening to music, playing the flute, playing badminton and volleyball, Tumblr, worrying about IB (academic program) and watching movies.. Somehow I always forget what I do when this question comes up.
5. If you were your favorite book character, what would a typical day in your life look like?
Celaena Sardothien would probably slay anyone who crossed her. If I was her, I’d kick some royal ass and sneak into broom closets with Chaol all day. I would eat chocolate cake in my bed with truffles and all sorts of candies and curl up with a book.
On second thought, can I sneak into the closets with Dorian instead? This sounds a lot like me.
6. What do you love the most about blogging?
The bookish community! Everyone in the book blogging community is absolutely amazing and it’s what keeps most of us going! Also, it’s a good excuse to read all the time.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Paris, London, Frankfurt, Brussels, Maldives, Rome, Lisbon, Tokyo. Anywhere and everywhere.
8. Favorite kind of ice cream? (:
All kinds. Ice cream is a blessing. Rocky road (I’m having it right now 🙂 ), chocolate, Oreo, mint and chocolate chip.
1. What is your all time favourite book?
The Infernal Devices trilogy. The Tiger’s Curse series. The Throne of Glass series.
2. How many languages can you speak?
Almost three. English and Hindi fluently and I am learning French. I have also started learning German.
3. Which Hogwarts house are you in?
I’m proud to be a Slytherin. Yesssss!
4. Top 3 bookish pet peeves ?
Mismatched covers and cover changes. Faces on book covers. Love triangles in which the character chooses the wrong person.
5. What is your favourite scent?
The smell of baked goods. Food.
6. Where do you buy most of your books?
At the library. Haha just kidding. I don’t normally buy books. There was a Chapters in walking distance from my house but they closed recently so probably online.
7. What is your favourite holiday?
Christmas! All of winter break. It didn’t snow much this year but I usually spend all my time outdoors. I love the onset of winter and the crispiness in the air left over from fall. Hot chocolate and marshmallows is all you need.
8. If you can switch lives with a fictional character, who would it be?
Celaena Sardothien. Yes, she has about a thousand enemies that threaten to murder her and she barely escapes getting killed. But she also does more in a single day than I have ever done in my life 😉 And oh boy does she slay. (haha see what I did there?)
If you’ve made it this far into this long post, then these are my questions 🙂 I’m using a couple from above because they’re awesome!
1. Who is your biggest inspiration?
2. What is it about your favourite character that you love?
3. What is your favourite book and why?
4. If you were your favorite book character, what would a typical day in your life look like?
5. What would happen if you were to transport into the book you are currently reading?
6. Give a quote from a book that has influenced you or changed you as a person.
7. What is your favourite kind of dessert?
8. How much do you love books? (More than people, more than the internet?)
I tag all of you! You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to 🙂
Ayunda @Tea and Paperbacks
Bree @Literary Hellion
Samantha @Reed’s Reads and Reviews