I’m not dead. Just dying. There’s not even that much work to do or tasks to complete for the day—I blame it all on Tumblr. It clutched me in its sharp claws and stole my soul. All those half-sleepless nights spent finishing work at midnight because only then had the devil called Tumblr released me from its grasp, are for naught.
I don’t even want to do a wrap-up. Only three books, albeit great ones.
JANUARY WRAP UP
★★★★ 4 stars ★★★★★ 5 stars ★★½ 2.5 stars
In school, we have so many days off this month. I think all four weeks are four school days only! Of course this means more time to read.
I’ll leave the rest (if possible haha) on my mood. I might read another fantasy or take a break from it and pick up some contemporary.
Hopefully some reviews will be coming soon 🙂
Happy reading everyone x
- I am so bad at finishing ARCs! My NetGalley ratio is currently 50%, but I’ve been trying to get it up to 80% for so long! I’m trying again this month and reading a few of those unread books.
- Is anyone taking part in NaNoWriMo? I’m usually a Pantser, but I’m trying to become a Planner so this month I won’t be writing as much as planning. And then I might write the novel during winter break in December and January. So far it’s looking good 🙂
- I have read 47 out of 50 books for my Goodreads challenge! That’s 10 more than last year, so big improvement. I’m hoping to get it up to 60 books for this year.
Interesting posts this month:
The Ten Wishes I Would Demand from the Book Genie
Discussion: What Makes a “Good” Book Review (with tips)
I read two of the books from my said TBR last month, and I’m currently reading the third.
I only read 3 books in total this month, but I’m not disappointed, because I’m currently reading three books and I did have school work to do first. I didn’t post a wrap-up for the readathon I did either because I didn’t read anything
★★★★ 4 stars ★★★★1/2 4.5 stars ★★★★★ 5 stars ★★★ 3 stars
This is probably the latest wrap up and TBR ever written. But I’m actually happy with myself for getting it posted because I’ve been cringing every time I see this. I barely read 4 books last month! Let’s hope I read more this time 🙂
Have a great day!
Summer has come to an end! My school starts in a week and this year, I’m going to be in grade 10 and this will be my third year of high school. I’m just so excited!
- First of all, let’s start with the top! How do you guys like the little logo image up there? I think it looks cute, although I could have really improved the colours. But I’m lazy, so this will have to do for now.
- I’ve put myself on a NetGalley ARC requesting ban. Yes, it’s a thing now, and I must do whatever I can to stop myself from clicking the ‘Request’ button because most of the time, it does not end well. I’ve decided that as of today, I will read and review at least 5 E-ARCS before I request another one. Wow, talk about self-control!
AUGUST WRAP-UP (click on books for reviews)
★★★ 3 stars ★★★★ 4.5 stars ★★★ 3 stars ★★★★★ 5 stars
★★★ 3.5 stars ★★★★ 4 stars ★★★★ 4 stars ★★★★ 4.5 stars
This month’s TBR will be very tentative, partly because school is starting, and partly because I’ve decided not to make myself read a book if I don’t want to. I might feel like reading something right now, but if I can’t pick it up later, then I’ll just leave it alone for a while.
This month will be a lot of ARCs because those have been sitting neglected on my e-shelves and it’s about time I pay due respect to the publishers and authors who have so kindly approved my requests and given me a copy of their books 🙂
Click for the Goodreads link to know more about these books.
I’m keeping my TBR pretty open as of now. What are you guys planning on reading this month? Are you going back to school/college in a few days too? Please tell me I’m not the only one who’s this excited to be confined to the four walls of a classroom again.